Writing down goals is an essential aspect of goal setting and is crucial for achieving success in different areas of life. For effective goal setting, one must establish clear and well-defined objectives that allow visible progress toward achieving the goal, have realistic expectations and set a target date for completion. Research has shown that individuals who write down their goals are more likely to achieve them, making writing down goals a necessary step in achieving success. Setting the standard and more ambitious goals is vital to expanding your horizons and exceeding expectations. Ultimately, setting and achieving Smart goals can lead to positive changes in one’s life.
- Specific – must be clear, sharp, and well-defined.
- Measurable – you must see evidence of visible progress toward accomplishing your goal. (see a change in value)
- Attainable – It must be possible to achieve
- Relevant – Must be realistic
- Time-Bound = have a clearly defined target date
Some Smart Goal Examples:
- I will make 10,000.00 for a new car by July 4, 2022
- It is Specific in stating what you want
- It is measurable where you can see progress
- It is attainable within reach
- It is relevant the reason for the 10,000.00
- It is time-bound with a target date.
Setting goals is a serious business. To change your life with a plan, you must set goals.
The best way to start is to write down your interests and then expand on those ideas. Setting your standard goals is also good to have goals bigger than you can imagine; the crazier, bigger, and wilder, the better. There is no telling what you can achieve. Looking around, you can see thousands of ideas for creating smart goals. Yes, an idea written down can become a valuable goal and be formed into a Smart Goal.
Dominican University in California did a study on goals, which showed that the participants who wrote down their standard goals achieved significantly more than those who didn’t.
These powerful programs are here to help you in your life. Even if you don’t buy any of these programs, do yourself a favor and start writing down your goals.